The Railway Station at Killycramph, Cootehill was built in 1860 in an English Gothic style as part of the Dundalk/Enniskillen Railway Company. Cootehill was a very industrial town providing Flax / Linen and it was exported via train to its destination. There were many who boarded the train to go and find their fortunes in the world and for those who stayed, it provided work. Cootehill was a prosperous town and it had a cinema. Each week the rush would be on for the “Geezer Magee” to cycle out the road to collect the latest films to be screened here in Cootehill. The last train ran in Cootehill in 1955, but the Station House building and water tower remain today, sitting beside what is now the Cootehill Livestock Mart.
Information kindly provided by Librarian and Local Tour Guide Margaret Bannon, Author, local Historian and Librarian Jonathan A. Smyth and from Cavan Monaghan Rural Development Co-op Society Ltd (2000) A Heritage Guide to the Cavan-Monaghan Region.